Friday, April 29, 2011

Relay For Life

TEAM PARTNERS FOR PARADISE IN MEMORY OF JEFF ANDERSON

We participated in the Relay for Life in St. George. My fabulous cousin Melinda, with the help of my fabulous cousin, Bobby decided that it would be nice to establish a team in Jeff's honor. My girls wanted to run with the team. I was going to bake cookies or something - but this was before I was able to rejoin life. (I baked cookies again for the first time - from scratch - in October). So mostly I drove my kids down, and provided some pictures for their posters and the cute booth they made up. The theme they choose was Partners for Paradise. They had a cute island thing going. It would have been super awesome if the weather had chosen to follow the theme. It was sooo cold. And the wind blew non stop. In the end, I wimped out and went to sleep in Adele's nice warm condo. A few brave souls spent the night, and someone was on the track for at least one lap every hour for the entire 24 hours!

I am very excited about doing is again - and promise to participate more fully in some way next year, as I am now back at least among the walking wounded instead of the full on zombie I was at this event! Thanks to Melinda and Bobby - and thanks to all the other family who came out to support this event in Jeff's honor. The theme was Celebrate, Remember, Fight Back ... We have, we do, and we tried! Now we need to continue to do it so others can CELEBRATE, LIVE, WIN My mom forced me to take a picture as if I was actually participating. So there you go. In Jeff's sweat pants and everything. (FYI - this is the same "Hansen Stadium" track that I will probably mention in a future post - maybe about my courtship story ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment