Thursday, March 17, 2011

Families are Forever

The day after the funeral was a pretty special day for the whole Anderson Family, but especially for Jeff's little sister, Tiffany and her family. Tiffany and her husband, Bill, were able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple and be sealed together for all eternity. At that time, they were also able to be sealed to their sweet two year old daughter, Madison. It was a poignant reminder of why I felt so strongly about being married in the temple for time, and for all eternity. As I watched them being sealed I couldn't help but think that my "all eternity" was starting and I was so happy for them that they could know that they had the same promises and blessings.
Not to be totally cheesy, but for those of you of my generation and older I always think of that song "I'll Build You A Rainbow" with the little boy at his mom's funeral saying "Don't worry dad, families are forever!" I know that families are forever and that we will be together with Jeff again one day.
Later that day, our family (the kids and I) and Jeff's parents and my mom, had the opportunity to meet with Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (okay as I typed that, it is the first time I noticed the name thing "Jeffrey R" spelled the same with the same middle initial - (sorry that was random)).
Elder Holland is one of the 12 apostles of the Mormon (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) church. (The First Presidency (3 men) together with the quorum of the 12 apostles make up the general leadership of our church.) Anyway, it is an honor to have a meeting with such and important and busy leader in our church. We had a nice chat with Elder Holland and we talked about being sealed as a family. He made the comment that sometimes he felt that sealed wasn't a strong enough word. He thought a better description was "welded" together as a family (and I am totally paraphrasing him, please don't quote this with credit to him). But I loved that. Even though we are apart for now, we are welded together. That is a very strong bond.
I feel like I am rambling (like that is different), so I will just leave you with some cute pictures of the forever family that was "welded" together that day!
Oh, and it was St. Patrick's Day, and yes, the leprechauns found us, thanks to a little help from my sister!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Tiff and Bill. What a way to end the week. Nice to know that life continues on and the blessings come :) Congrats to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy we are so sorry to hear about Jeff. You are amazing. Your Family is beautyful and they are eternal. You guys are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete