Sunday, September 23, 2012

Conversation Between Autocorrect and My Brain

**Disclaimer** I know that texting and driving is wrong, wrong, wrong.  It is a bad habit and I am trying to stop.

If someone texts me while I am driving, I pretty much always have to at least read it - unless it is dark, stormy, in tight construction or other various reasons that make me nervous when I drive.  If it is something I can respond to in one or two words -- I will. **insert judging here**
 
 As I was driving to St. George I was doing a little texting back and forth with someone and they kept being funny, which of course meant I had to be funny back.  After a few back and forth texts, I thought I should remind them that I was actually in the driver's seat and maybe we should save this awesome volley of ridiculousness for another time.
 
My Text (with Autocorrect helping): p.s. I'm stunning
 
My Inner Voice: No, driving...
 
Autocorrect: I'm drinking
 
Inner Voice: Closer, DRIVING
 
Autocorrect: I'm Stunning
 
Inner Voice: Fine. I am sure I would be stunning when I'm drinking if I was a drinker...


No comments:

Post a Comment