Friday, May 14, 2010

Family Time= Priceless??

I tried to sign the kids up for off track bowling, but due to a series of crazy happenings and miscommunication between the rec center and the bowling alley, I decided it wouldn't be worth the money, and that I would do some other things with the kids for off track - including just GOING bowling.
Well, our off track turned in to lots of time at doctor's offices and hospitals and the bowling trip kept getting pushed off (as well as all the other fun ideas I had in mind). So since Jeff went back to work on Wednesday and didn't need my (super fabulous) nursing anymore, I decided we should have a make-up bowling trip on short day Friday.
We didn't get going right after school, as I had planned, but closer to 5. I figured that would be okay though, because I had decided to drive clear to the bowling alley that had Pizza Factory Pizza. Kim, A.J. and Marcus came with us.
When we went to pay for our game, they informed us that the bowling alley had been rented for the night so we only had an hour. We figured that was fine for one game, so I paid for the 7 of us - at a rate of $54.oo. So we went to get started and Kim went to order pizza. The guy at the Pizza counter said that it was less expensive to get the package with bowling. So we went back to ask and the lady said that because we had split up to play on 2 lane (so we could get done before THEIR rental) we couldn't do that deal. She ended up paying $40 for the pizza. Just FYI - the deal was 6 people bowl, pizza, salad, drinks and bread sticks for ... wait for it ... $54.99. YIKES, what ever happened to customer service. It was almost enough to ask for a refund and leave!! (But we drove over 40 minutes to get there, and it was the make-up game for our earlier misadventure.)
(The agony of defeat!)
(The fake thrill of victory - just posing for the camera)

(The actual thrill of victory!)

(Just Dance!)

Yes, I actually posted a picture of my rear end - why? Because it was the "good" picture. I always thought FAT made you look younger - why then do I look like I am 65?? (FYI I totally won the game too!!)

(Mr. A.J)

(Marcus - who is never alone when my kids are around!)

We didn't feel like an hour of bowling was really worth the time and the effort we had put in to the evening, so we started batting around what other "family fun" we could have for FREE!! Kim remembered Wheeler Farm was nearby so we decided to go there.

All the kids

The kids had about 1000 times more fun here than bowling!!! My total cost at Wheeler Farm = fifty cents for a loaf of day old bread! (Why do I even try to do big things - this is what they love anyway - I guess family fun is priceless, and cheap!

2 comments:

  1. yeah....pretty sure that I would've stomped my foot and demanded the "deal" - how LAME......we just went to Wheeler Farm on Sunday - same thing, kinda forget it's there! And we took our own "old" bread, so it was free - and fun! will be posting pics...you know, sometime!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and the kids look so cute!

    ReplyDelete