Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Sandbox (alternate title - I am a member of the paparazzi)

So we have this strange little patch of grass in our backyard because Jeff has a "thing" for concrete and as the basketball court has expanded, it has left this little patch all by itself. I told Jeff that this would be a great place to have a sand box. Well I think Jeff's philosopy for life is "Go Big or Go Home!". He didn't think that little spot was good enough for a sand box. So he decided that we should use some space in the vacant lot next to us (no one will be using it any time soon - we are fairly certain).
He had his friend (and business partner) Mike come and smooth out a spot for the "sandbox" and also a garden spot for me - Hey, I said no one else was using it!! Then he called for a load of sand.
As you can see, this was not a pickup load of sand.
This is where the alternate title comes in. I realized that there was a huge dump truck of sand being delivered as I got out of the shower. I didn't know how long it would take to empty a load of sand so I decided I needed to hurry and take some pictures. So I stood in my bathtub (yes still naked) an stuck my camera lens through the CLOSED blinds to take pictures. (I felt like the exact opposite if the paparazzi (not that anyone would ever want to take naked pictures of me, I just thought it was funny that I was taking pictures, while naked, through the blinds) I guess you had to be there - only you are probably grateful you weren't there! ;)
I will shut up now. Enjoy more pictures, and know that every kid in the neighborhood is loving the new sandbox!
And just a word about boys and their toys - those two guys in the distance are the delivery men, and one is holding a little remote control box that he moves around that chute thingy with. Boys never grow up, they just get bigger toys. ;)

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome!! daniel and natilie would love to play in that with your kids! I wish we could get josh to have that "big" attitude when doing stuff lol ;)

    ReplyDelete